Obama confirmed support of Ukraine in a conversation with Poroshenko
Today Poroshenko to meet th U.S. Vice President Joseph Biden
President Poroshenko met with the U.S. President Barack Obama in a framework of the UN events, wrote the press secretary of the President Svyatoslav Tseholko on his Facebook page.
“President Obama confirmed the support and efforts of the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko in protection of the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Ukraine,” according to the spokesman. During the conversation, President Obama stressed that the United States will continue to support Ukraine, which introduces reforms and continues to seek a diplomatic solution to the conflict.
On Tuesday Poroshenko plans to meet with the Vice President of the U.S. Joseph Biden. It is expected that the main topics of the meeting will embrace conflict in Ukraine, reforms, and fight against corruption.
Barack Obama also held a meeting with Russian President Putin, who stated that relations between Russia and the U.S. stay at a low level, but the meeting is useful though.
Negotiations in Normandy format resumed 20 October, 00:47
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars