OSCE-Ukraine and Ministry of Information discussed freedom of the media and draft Concept of Information Policy in Ukraine
A briefing on the cooperation between the Government of Ukraine and the institutions of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) took place July 20, 2015 in Kyiv
As reported by press-center of the Ministry of Information, Senior Project Officer of the OSCE Project Co-ordinator in Ukraine Jeffrey Erlichand, the OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media Dunja Mijatovic (through online videoconference), and Minister of Information Policy of Ukraine (MIP) Yurii Stets joined the event.
Expert opinions and recommendations developed by OSCE, concerning freedom of the media and draft Concept of Information Security, were performed during the meeting. Further joint initiatives of MIP and OSCE were announced to take place in the nearest future. Yurii Stets said that under the Coalition Agreement and pursuant to the Programme for Government, the Expert Council of the Ministry of Information Policy drafted important strategic document - the draft Concept of Information Security was examined by experts commission, headed by Dunja Mijatovic, OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media.
"We highly esteem the cooperation with OSCE, because with help of the organization in September, we plan to present a finished document Concept of information security of Ukraine", - said the Minister.
OSCE representative Mijatovic stressed that "Recommendations on the draft Concept was elaborated by leading lawyers, which you can then view the document during the discussions and the official website of the agency", - said the representative of the OSCE. Dunja Mijatovic added that the OSCE office always ready to take up the projects of the Ministry aiming at improving information and communication policy in Ukraine.
Jeffrey Ehrlich thanked MIP for work towards transparency and openness of government.
March 26, 2015 Expert Council under the Ministry of Information Policy of Ukraine was established to develop the concept of information security and on the improvement of Ukraine's information space.
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
OSCE: Crimean ‘authorities’ should release Ukrainian reporter Semena 11 October, 22:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars