Normandy Quartet format spoke on over the situation in eastern Ukraine
Merkel, Hollande, Poroshenko and Putin discussed ceasefire, demilitarization of Shyrokyne, pull heavy weaponry 15 km, elections and decentralization
According to the press center of presidential administration, President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, French President Francois Hollande and Russian President Vladimir Putin during a Normandy telephone conversation insisted no the need to ensure proper monitoring and verification of the ceasefire by OSCE. They supported Poroshenko’s initiative concerning the immediate signing of the Tripartite Contact Group agreement on pulling tanks, mortars and 100mm guns 15 km from the border line.
As for the Shyrokyne, Donetsk region, four leaders took into account the militants’ opinion of and appealed to the Special Monitoring Mission (SMM) OSCE experts and Joint Centre for Ceasefire Control and Coordination (JCCC), to find an immediate solutions to lead away the Ukrainian troops from as SMM OSCE starts its work on August 3.
Negotiators agreed on the importance of compliance with the commitments made by the parties in Minsk in February for removal of heavy weapons from the contact line, full compliance with the ceasefire and access special OSCE observer mission to all areas.
During the next Normandy format talk (July 28), they will discuss the issue of local elections and decentralization. They underlined the importance to schedule a single date for local elections in Ukraine, including Donetsk and Luhansk regions. The sides emphasized on following OSCE standards and presence of OSCE and Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR).
As for humanitarian issues, Normandy Quarter format welcomed the decision to restore water treatment facilities and water supply and restoration of rail link to transport coal and deploy the humanitarian centers in the buffer zone.
Poroshenko also emphasized on the necessity to release the hostages, including illegally detained persons kept in Russia, in particular, Nadia Savchenko.
Participants agreed to continue discussing this issues.
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Negotiations in Normandy format resumed 20 October, 00:47
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain