Merkel and Obama discussed Donbas conflict
Obama once more called on Russia not to violate Minsk accords
August 26, U.S. President Barack Obama and German Chancellor Angela Merkel during their telephone conversation spoke on recent rise of violence in Eastern Ukraine, caused by Russian aggression and Russian-backed militantson the contact line, states the press service of the White House.
President Obama emphasized on Ukraine's progress in implementing the Minsk accords and said that the Russian Federation should implement its commitments as well.
The head of the U.S. also praised Angela Merkel for dealing with migration decisions crisis in Europe.
This telephone conversation took place just few hours before the Trilateral Contact Group had started its negotiations in Minsk. The sides aim to conduct a consensus on implementation of the provisions of the Minsk peace agreements. As was reported yesterday, working sub-groups on security, economic, political, and humanitarian issues discussed the ongoing problems after the Contact Group negotiations. Ukraine's sub-group on security is trying to reach an agreement on withdrawal of tanks and weapons of up to 100 mm caliber.
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas