Merkel and Hollande welcomed decentralization in Ukraine during conversation with Groisman
Speaker of Ukrainian Parliament Volodymyr Groisman informed EU leaders about Constitutional reform
Amendments to the Constitution of Ukraine in terms of decentralization and constitutional reform are defining in the consolidation of democracy in Ukraine and implementation of the Minsk agreements. It was stated by German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Francois Hollande during the telephone conversation with Speaker of Ukrainian Parliament Volodymyr Groisman.
"Volodymyr Groisman informed them on the progress of reforms in Ukraine, in particular, on preparation for amending the Constitution of Ukraine in the part of the decentralization of power", - said the press service of the parliament speaker.
"Millions of people all over Ukraine and, in particular, the residents of Donbas will feel the benefits of decentralization," said Groisman.
Constitutional Commission has supported changes to the basic version of the Constitution with regard to decentralization. Majority of the committee members voted for this decision. Several of them voted against.
Poroshenko appealed to the MPs with a request to consider amendments to the Constitution at the next plenary week.
The amendments to the Basic Law mean transfer of powers and financial resources to communities. Local executive power, according to the document, will be implemented by the prefects instead of the local administrations. They, as well as the heads of local state administrations, will be appointed and dismissed by the President of Ukraine by the Cabinet submission.
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case