Lithuania urged world community to focus on maintaining peace in Ukraine
This claim was expressed by President of Lithuania Dalia Grybauskaitė in the framework of the UN Summit
“We must focus on peace and security. Without peace we will not be able to build a viable society, to eradicate the causes of poverty and respond to the expectations of the international community,” said President Grybauskaitė in her speech at the UN Summit to adopt the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, Unian.
“The absence of democracy is the main cause of the conflicts, social upheaval and wars, economic difficulties and other problems. Today, we are worried with this continuing threats, which delay the development of our Eastern partners, especially Ukraine,” claimed the President of Lithuania.
In this regard she noted that "the support of the international community and the voice of the United Nations is important for those countries throughout the world, which are calling for freedom and self-determination".
Grybauskaitė underlined that the international community had to contribute more to developing and ensuring democracy and actively participate in resolving world conflicts.
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
UNDP continues support for Donbas restoration 16 October, 11:03
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain