Remembering Stalin’s Crimes: Ukraine will mark 1944 Crimean Tatar deportation anniversary with photo exhibition
Project opens in Kyiv on May 17, the 72nd anniversary of Stalin’s mass deportation of Tatars from Crimea
The exhibition called “Deportation of Crimean Tatars: crime through stories of witnesses” includes ten eyewitness accounts of the tragic events in the Black sea Peninsula. According to NGO KrymSOS, the initiative features ten photos and stories of the 1944 deportation of Crimean Tatars (Krym.Realii).
The idea to host the exhibition belongs to Zeynep Tasheva, the Crimean Tatar activist and volunteer of KrymSOS. Last year, she decided to collect stories of those who survived Stalin’s mass deportation.
“The story of genocide should be told. This year, the ten stories will be told to those who have never heard about 180,000 Crimean Tatars forcefully deported to Central Asia in only two days”, says Zeynep Tasheva.
The exhibition will last from May 17 to May 24 at the Ukraine Crisis Media Centre in Kyiv.
U.S. doesn’t recognize Russia’s ban of Mejlis of Crimean Tatars 1 October, 11:00
Smedlyayev: Russian federal security service arrests more Crimean Tatars 12 October, 16:03
Ukraine demands that Russia stops prosecutions of Crimean Tatars 12 October, 14:28
- POLITICS10:13Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- POLITICS10:02Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas