Group of Italian MPs are to visit annexed Crimea this autumn
Eight- to ten-strong Italian delegation announced their intention less than a week after a delegation of French lawmakers visited Crimea
Delegation will be led by a member of the parliament’s Foreign Relations committee Alessandro di Battista, Kommersant newspaper reported, citing one of the visit’s organizers, Manlio Di Stefano who represents the Five Stars movement in the Italian legislature.
Aim of the visit is to get firsthand information on people’s lives and the political situation on the Black Sea peninsula.
The organizer of the visit, MP Manlio Di Stefano, told that the delegation would include between 8 and 10 parliamentarians from the Five Star Movement, known for its Euroskeptic and anti-establishment stance. They had received an invitation from Russian MP Andriy Klimov, a member of the Foreign Relations Committee of the State Duma.
On July 23-24, a delegation of French MPs headed by Thierry Mariani visited Crimea and met with the head of the republic.
Andreas Gross, Swiss parliamentarian in PACE Socialist Group, in an interview with "Kommersant" called it unfair that people of Crimea suffers because of its geopolitical choice and criticized Western sanctions against the peninsula, what, in fact, isolates its inhabitants. Mr. Gross told that he is organizing a mission consisting of European MPs to visit Crimea in October and November.
Deputy leader of the nationalist Jobbik party’s Parliamentary Group and Vice-Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the Hungarian National Assembly Márton Gyöngyösi also plans to visit Crimea. He expects the exact date of the visit to be confirmed “in the coming weeks”, as states “Kommersant”.
In occupied Crimea reported an increase in tourist traffic 15 October, 15:32
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars