Despite Western sanctions French delegation comes to Crimea
This is the first large Western delegation from the French Senate and National Assembly since the "Crimean Spring"
The chairman of the Russian Duma Committee on CIS Affairs Leonid Slutsky in his interview with reports "Radio Liberty" stated: "Delegation of ten members from the National Assembly and the Senate of France led by Thierry Mariani will arrive in the evening July 22 in Moscow and afterwards, on 23 July, after meeting in the State Duma it will go to the Crimea. This is the first large delegation of Western politicians and parliamentarians, since the "Crimean Spring ".
According to him, the visit of French parliamentarians to Russia will be a crucial turnpoint between Russia and Europe in the framework of Crimean issue. Slutsky added that French parliamentarians will meet with the "current Crimean leaders", Serhiy Aksionov and Volodymyr Konstantynov.
Previously, the European Council extended the sanctions against Russia for the next year. In particular, include a ban on imports of Crimea.
The internationally recognized Ukrainian territory of Crimea was illegally annexed by the Russian Federation in March 2014.
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case