Czech Republic to assist Ukraine in humanitarian demining
OSCE, NATO, and the Geneva International Centre for Humanitarian Demining already helps Ukraine to clear the mines
Czech experts are ready to cooperate in the field of humanitarian demining, including training of Ukrainian specialists to carry out checks on areas for the ammunition and their search, exchange experience in the field of underwater demining and clearance of modern munitions. It was stated by the Deputy Minister of Defense of Czech Republic Tomas Kopechnyi during his visit to Ukraine.
Ukrainian State Emergency Service (SES) states that demining of the territories of Donetsk and Luhansk regions has essencial priority within the current policy. Now SES means to keep the Ukrainian specialists safe while clearing the unexploded ordnance. OSCE, NATO, and the Geneva International Centre for Humanitarian Demining gives Ukraine an assistance. “We hope that cooperation between Ukrainian SES and Czech Republic experts in the field of mine clearance will also be productive and efficient,” said SES Chief Deputy Oleh Melchutskyi.
Mine clearence is a topical issue in Ukraine, as barely every day people find the landmines and get injured. Yesterday a child has found a shell not far from the playground in Kyiv. Fortunately, no casualties. And few days ago, four children in Volodarske, Donetsk region, have found a shell on the roadway near their house. As a result of its explosion, a 4-year-old kid died, and another three were hospitalized with major injuries.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars