Crimean pupils got Russian passports on the eve of Day of Russian flag
28 pupils have received Russian passports in Sevastopol
In Sevastopol 28 pupils have got Russian passports on the eve of Day of Russian flag, which is to celebrated August 22, Krymr.com.
"Today is an extremely important day in your lives – the day of your “civic majority”. You receive a document that certifies that you are a citizen of a great country, you become the heirs of its labor and combat glory. You are the citizens of the Russian Federation and that says it all," in such a way local authorities greeted the Crimean pupils during the ceremony.
August 22, Russia celebrates National Flag Day. The date only became a holiday in 1994 to commemorate the events of 1991 when the three-color flag was first hoisted over the white marble building of the Russian government to replace the Soviet red flag with hammer and sickle.
In Ukraine, the National Flag Day is held on August 23. People, who raise Ukrainnian flag in annexed Crimea, are immediately arrested. Hence several activists of Ukrainian cultural center were detained and released after questioning last week.
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday 24 October, 09:28
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas