Crimean Tatars forced to join United Russia party
The procedure of party affiliation is "volunary-compulsory"
Representatives of the Crimean Tatar people are forced to join the party United Russia by the so-called Crimean authorities, deputy head of the Majlis of the Crimean Tatar people Ilmi Umerov told on air of 112 Ukraine channel.
"There is information still needed to complement, because I managed to gather not all parts of it. Crimean Tatars`civil servants are "persuaded" or, in other words, forced to join the party United Russia," he said.
Reportedly, the self-proclaimed Crimean authorities do not exclude the possibility to impose a prohibition upon activiites of the Majlis of Crimean Tatar people, led by deputies of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Refat Chubarov and Mustafa Dzhemilev.
Earlier, OSCE published a report on widespread human rights violations, discrimination and legal irregularities in Crimea. "Since the annexation of Crimea, the Crimean Tatar and Ukrainian communities have been subjected to increasing pressure on and control of the peaceful expression of both their culture and their political views,” OSCE claimed.
OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement 23 October, 19:40
OSCE: Crimean ‘authorities’ should release Ukrainian reporter Semena 11 October, 22:30
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain