Andriy Shevchenko appointed as Ukrainian ambassador to Canada
Shevchenko said that Poroshenko and Klimkin offered him to become an Ambassador
The newly appointed Ambassador of Ukraine to Canada Andriy Shevchenko said that he received the offer from President Poroshenko and Foreign Minister Klimkin.
"Now I see three priorities. The first is crucial political support from Canada. We know that Canada is a leader of the international coalition in support of Ukraine, and it is very important to keep it be. In Canada, there will be elections in October, possibly new government, it is very important that Canada continues to be our reliable political ally", the ambassador stated to 112 Ukraine.
Secondly, Shevchenko said, military-technical cooperation matters. "We know that Canada already helps us in this regard (the Canadian instructors trained our soldiers), but other support is needed to strengthen", he added.
And third, the ambassador continued, now it’s "a good time" to fill just signed agreement with Canada on a free trade area of real projects and investments.
"I received this offer from President Poroshenko and Minister Klimkin. I understand that for many diplomats, it may look as an exotic solution (I have no diplomatic experience), but it seems to me that the president and the minister believed that my political and journalistic experience could work. Therefore, I hope that I can adequately represent Ukraine ", he concluded.
Andriy Shevchenko is well-known politician, journalist, and public figure, member of the Verkhovna Rada of the 5th, 6th, and 7th convenings, one of co-founders of Poroshenko’s Channel 5.
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars