A sympathy strike to support Nadia Savchenko held in Riga
Congress of Ukrainians of Latvia organized a meeting near the Russian embassy to Latvia
As posted Ukrainian Embassy in Latvia on their Twitter, a “Free Savchenko” action was held in Riga. The participants demanded to release the political prisoner.
“This glaring fact is not only a war crime but also a proof of conspiracy and connection of the Russian authorities with the illegal armed groups from the Donbas. The Republic of Latvia, the European Union and the international community have repeatedly called on the Russian Federation to release Nadia Savchenko, but the state penal Russian system only strengthens the absurdity of the charges against Savchenko,” states the Congress of Ukrainians in Latvia.
The proceedings on the case of Savchenko took place today in Rostov region, Russia. As reported by Savchenko’s lawer Mark Feygin, the courthouse was surrounded by police that prohibited parking vehicles, checked the accreditation certificates, tested with dog handlers. Snipers has been inside the courthouse and on the roof as well.
Nadia Savchenko, Ukrainian MP and pilot, Ukrainian representative to PACE, is accused of the murder of two Russian journalists in Donbas. OSCE consider such statements of the Investigative Committee to be ridiculous. Ukrainian parliamentarians recalled that the first video of Savchenko captured by the pro-Russian militants appeared on the Internet before it became widely known that she is in Russia.
Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy 27 October, 11:21
Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land 28 October, 20:43
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas conflict: 21 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:07Yanukovych can not be interrogated due to absence of video conferencing system
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case