A new shipment of night vision equipment from Canada
A party of non-lethal weapons, vision goggles, is already shipped to Ukraine from Toronto
It was stated by the press service of an officer of the General Staff of Ukraine Oleksii Mazepa: "The armed forces of Ukraine yesterday received a part of the shipment of humanitarian aid from Canada, 60 night vision devices”.
Government of Canada has dedicated $226 thousand to purchase and send this party of night vision devices from Canada.
The shipment of night-vision goggles is part of an $11 mln Canadian assistance package announced in November 2014. Canada also provides Ukrainian soldiers with high-frequence radios, explosive ordnance disposal equipment, and other non-lethal weapons.
Since January 2014 Canada has announced more than $578 mln in assistance to Ukraine, which includes a $400 million low-interest loan, and over $130 million in bilateral development projects. Non-lethal military equipment sent to Ukraine over the past few months has included 30,000 sets of coats, pants, and ballistic eyewear, 70,000 pairs of cold and wet weather boots, 7,000 helmets, 2,300 protective vests, 300 first aid kits, 100 tents, and 735 sleeping bags.
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- RUSSIA16:30Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia
- UA & EU15:42Poroshenko, Hungary PM are to enhance political dialogue between states
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels