A new 82-mm mortar Verba (Willow) has been designed by Ukrainian engineers
Ukrainian soldiers in the nearest future will get the new weapons, which are so badly needed at the front
Serhiy Pashynsky, head of Rada committee on National Security and Defense stated on his Facebook page: “Mobilizing of the public-private partnership help for several months us to create a 82 mm mortar, which is so badly needed at the front. I suppose, that the testing will be successful, and the mortars will be delivered to the advanced units in the nearest future. Certainly, this is a small step in improving our defense system, but together we will continue to do everything possible not only to equip our army, but also to restore the huge potential of Ukrainian defense industry”.
Each year Ukraine gets $ 1 bln from the arms export and belongs to the top 10 largest global arms exporters. “Part of this income stayed in the pockets of the authorities and, in fact, we have not a penny invested in development or production, or in the establishment and maintenance of our defense capabilities,” says Pahynsky.
Ukraine inherited from USSR more than 150 defense factories in various fields, most of which currently or are destroyed or work for 5-10% of their capacity. For almost 25 years, the country has not created any simple weapons systems that were in the arsenal of Ukrainian army. “Although the beginning of Russian aggression caused some progress in the field, this is not enough for modernization and full upgrading,” he wrote.
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars