92% of Ukraine's polling stations opened on time
Turnout in the second round of local elections in Kramatorsk (Donetsk region) is very low, less than 10% in some areas
Civil Network “OPORA” reported that 92% of the polling stations have opened their doors for voting on time. In particular, 1088 from 1089 polling stations has opened in Kyiv. Central Election Commission gave 83 nationwide, regional, and local Ukrainian NGOs an approval to have official observers in local elections.
Today 29 of 35 cities hold the second round of mayoral election with two candidates participating in each city, who received the highest number of votes on 25 October. The election results of 15 November election will be considered valid regardless of the voter turnout. The second round in held in the following cities: Kyiv, Vinnytsia, Lutsk, Dnipropetrovsk, Dniprodzerzhynsk, Kryvyi Rih, Nikopol, Pavlohrad, Kramatorsk, Zhytomyr, Uzhhorod, Berdiansk, Zaporizhia, Melitopol, Ivano-Frankivsk, Bila Tserkva, Kirovohrad, Sievierodonetsk, Lviv, Mykolaiv, Kremenchuk, Poltava, Rivne, Sumy, Kherson, Khmelnytskyi, Cherkasy, Chernihiv and Chernivtsi.
The elections were not held in Mariupol and Krasnoarmiisk (Donetsk region) on 25 October, and the date for these elections is scheduled for 29 November by a special law. Turnout in the second round of local elections in Kramatorsk is very low. Our special correspondent from Kramatorst reported that the turnout in some areas is less than 10%.
Recalling, election are held in 29 Ukrainian cities having over 90 thousand voters. 1,5 million Ukrainian internally displaced persons will not be able to vote in local elections in their new territorial communities.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars