85,000 police and soldiers to patrol the streets of Rio during the Oympics
Twice more policemen than in 2012 in London will protect Rio during the Olympic Games 2016
Foreign police is to help to Brazilian law enforcers in protecting order in Rio de Janeiro during the Olympics. Mobilized Brazilian law enforcement officers are canceled all their leaves and vacations for the period of sports competition, the State Police authorities say.
The number of police officers has increased dramatically on the streets of Rio recently. 85,000 police and soldiers are planned to be involved in patrolling the streets.
This twice more policemen than that during Olympics 2012 in London. This is because Rio has one of the highest level of street crimes.
Not only so-called favelas, poor districts of Rio, suffer from its. Robbery and armed attacks occur in such popular tourist places like beaches Copacabana and Ipanema. Authorities are also concerned about the threat of terrorism.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain