700 OSCE observers to come for Ukrainain elections October 2015
The monitors will not go to the occypied areas of DPR and LPR - Head of the Mission
OSCE observers will not monitor the elections in self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republic, according to the speaker. OSCE cannot accept the invitation of some entity that is not a member state of the organization.
“I have a great honor to be the head of the mission team located in Kyiv, which consists of 16 experts from various OSCE member states. Next week, long-term observers to arrive to work across the country, in all regions where elections will be held. OSCE has made a request for getting 100 long-term observers for the elections. In addition, we also make a request to Member States to ensure that they give us another 600 short-term observers, who will monitor the process on election day,” said the Head of the Mission.
Regularly scheduled local elections in Ukraine are planned for October 25, 2015. The elections will be conducted a little over a year since the 2014 snap local elections, which were only held throughout parts of the country (due to the armed conflict).
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement 23 October, 19:40
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas