67 countries supported the retention of veto in UN Security Council
The United Nations General Assembly put in the agenda the issue of exercise a veto right at the Security Council of the UN
The initiative of retention of the veto right in the UN Security Council in cases when the conflict is of particular severity has supported 67 countries. About that was written on Twitter by the official representative at the UN in Ukraine Yurii Serheiev, Ukr.Media
In New York continues the 70th anniversary session of the United Nations` General Assembly. This year`s panel session is presided by Danish represantative Mogens Lykketoft. According to his words at the opening of the assembly`s session, apart from the commemoration of the 70th anniversary of the United Nations, member countries "will try to mobilize and act on important issues of our time".
The question of veto right retention is among of high-priority of General Assembly`s agenda. In particular, it refers to the behavior of Russia, which blocked the creation of an international tribunal to investigate the accident Malaysian Airlines Boeing.
As it was reported before, President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko to deliver a speech at the forthcoming meeting of the UN General Assembly and he suggested to start a discussion about deprivation of Russian Federation` right to veto in the Security Council.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain