50 Crimeans are involved in the fighting in Syria
At the moment of the annexation of Crimea they had Ukrainian passports
About 50 Crimean residents, who at the time of the annexation of the peninsula had Ukrainian citizenship, are involved in the fighting in Syria. It was reported by UNN with the reference to the press service of the Ukrainian Security Service.
It is also reported that most of them are natives of the North Caucasus and Central Asia, but at the time of the annexation of the Crimea, they had the nationality of Ukraine. Also the Security Service noted that the facts of their possible stay in the ranks "Islamic state" is not confirmed though.
According to the official data by Ukraine's Ministry of Foreign Affairs, as of October 2015, 300 citizens of Ukraine left in the territory of the Syrian Arab Republic.
Human Rights Watch (HRW) stated about a possible violation the laws of war during Russia's air strikes against Syria. "At least two air strikes in northern Homs on October 15, 2015, that local residents believed to be Russian, apparently violated the laws of war. The air strikes killed a total of 59 civilians, residents said, including 33 children and a commander of the local armed opposition group. Russia should investigate the attacks," as stated in the report of the organization.
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case