5 percent of Ukraine’s GDP will be assigned to national security and defense area in 2016
President Poroshenko signed respective decrees on Wednesday
Ukraine’s 2016 state budget will foresee 5 percent of the GDP to be assigned for needs of the national security and defense issues. The National Security and Defense Council (NSDC) recommended that the government consider such option in the draft budget. President Petro Poroshenko signed the respective decrees on Wednesday.
The NSDC offered the government that at least USD 4 bn be allocated for funding the defense sector. Besides, the Council recommended that the Cabinet foresee expenditures on development of weaponry and military vehicles for the needs of the Armed Forces, taking into account standards of NATO member countries.
President Poroshenko instructed the Foreign Ministry, Interior Ministry, and the Security Service to use resources of NATO trust funds and other international and technical aid in order to enhance Ukraine’s defensive capabilities.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain