42 died, 74 missing due to the massive floods in China
The highest danger level is announced in the central province of Henan
42 died, 74 missing due to the massive floods in China since the beginning of the week, according to news agency Xinhua.
More than two thousand people were injured. Dozens of thousands people were evacuated from their homes. The highest danger level is announced in the central province of Henan. Additional troops were already sent there.
River dams also broke down in the neighboring province of Hubei.Local authorities were forced to pull water from the dam to the already flooded settlements there, the inhabitants were evacuated beforehand. It has been raining in Beijing for three days already.
The International Airport in the capital already canceled almost two hundred flights. Railway service is also disrupted. The floods blocked nearly three thousand people in the city of Xiao-Gan. Military forces are conducting rescue operations.
- POLITICS10:13Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- POLITICS10:02Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas