20 Ukrainian cities have serious problems with local elections
Mistakes in ballots, incompetence of electoral commission, criminalization, illegal influence on the voters make complications
Committee of Voters of Ukraine (CVU) named 20 Ukrainian cities where serious problems are expected in the local elections on 25 October, states the press office of the CVU.
"20 cities were included to the "hot spots", where serious problems with the technical organization of the elections, criminalization of electoral process and tough competition among candidates take place. There are four cities with several problems at once. These cities are Kyiv, Kharkiv, Rivne and Zhytomyr. In 11 cities, there are problems with the technical organization of the elections (mistakes in ballots, incompetence of electoral commission). These cities are Cherkasy, Ternopil, Novomoskovsk, Lysychansk, Mariupol, Tsurupinsk, Uzhgorod, Kharkiv," as said in a statement.
Criminalization of the electoral process (attacks against candidates, headquarters, agitators, destruction of campaign materials or tents) took place in eight cities of Ukraine. These cities carried Kyiv, Kherson, Odesa, Lutsk, Hluhiv, Irpin, Kharkiv and Kakhovka. Another 8 cities (Mykolaiv, Dnipropetrovsk, Kherson, Vinnytsia, Kremenchuk, Zhmerynka, Nikopol and Rivne) with high electoral competition face some illegal influence on the local voters.
Elections in Mariupol, Donetsk region, might be also disrupted, more than 12 thousand ballots need to be reprinted here. I Poltava more than 237 thousand ballots do not follow the norms.
Regularly scheduled local elections will take place in Ukraine on October 25, 2015; conducted a little over a year since the 2014 snap local elections, which were only held throughout parts of the country. 700 OSCE observers willcome to monitor Ukrainain elections. The total amount of foreign monitors who come to observe the electoral proces is 1.5 thousand.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case