20 Ukrainian cities have serious problems with local elections
Mistakes in ballots, incompetence of electoral commission, criminalization, illegal influence on the voters make complications
Committee of Voters of Ukraine (CVU) named 20 Ukrainian cities where serious problems are expected in the local elections on 25 October, states the press office of the CVU.
"20 cities were included to the "hot spots", where serious problems with the technical organization of the elections, criminalization of electoral process and tough competition among candidates take place. There are four cities with several problems at once. These cities are Kyiv, Kharkiv, Rivne and Zhytomyr. In 11 cities, there are problems with the technical organization of the elections (mistakes in ballots, incompetence of electoral commission). These cities are Cherkasy, Ternopil, Novomoskovsk, Lysychansk, Mariupol, Tsurupinsk, Uzhgorod, Kharkiv," as said in a statement.
Criminalization of the electoral process (attacks against candidates, headquarters, agitators, destruction of campaign materials or tents) took place in eight cities of Ukraine. These cities carried Kyiv, Kherson, Odesa, Lutsk, Hluhiv, Irpin, Kharkiv and Kakhovka. Another 8 cities (Mykolaiv, Dnipropetrovsk, Kherson, Vinnytsia, Kremenchuk, Zhmerynka, Nikopol and Rivne) with high electoral competition face some illegal influence on the local voters.
Elections in Mariupol, Donetsk region, might be also disrupted, more than 12 thousand ballots need to be reprinted here. I Poltava more than 237 thousand ballots do not follow the norms.
Regularly scheduled local elections will take place in Ukraine on October 25, 2015; conducted a little over a year since the 2014 snap local elections, which were only held throughout parts of the country. 700 OSCE observers willcome to monitor Ukrainain elections. The total amount of foreign monitors who come to observe the electoral proces is 1.5 thousand.
Bulgaria holding presidential election 13 November, 10:31
USA: All attempts of Russia to influence presidential elections failed 27 November, 19:44
US Secretary of State: Political heavyweight or "friend of Ukraine" 10 November, 14:21
Presidential elections in France: Pro-Russian Fillon vs moderate Juppe 24 November, 18:52
- UKRAINE TOP 10:09SAP calls Onishchenko for questioning on December 13
- SOCIETY09:25Suicide bombers kill 56 people in Nigeria
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:2831 attack reported in Donbas, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE TOP 07:41Ukrainian who put up "Heavenly Hundred Street" sign on the house was detained in Crimea
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:4914 attacks reported in Donbas, - ATO HQ
- asia23:17UN General Assembly called for immediate cessation of hostilities in Syria
- POLITICS22:51Manafort claimed that “shadow accounting” documents are fake
- UKRAINE TOP 22:08Lutsenko: Notice of suspicion against Yanukovych was served according to the law
- UKRAINE TOP 21:33Russia blocked declaration on crisis in Ukraine at OSCE Ministerial Council, - MFA
- UKRAINE TOP 20:31"Naftogaz”: Agreement on gas supplies not signed, Ukraine will not buy gas from Russia
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
00:18, 10 December Yanukovych avoids coming to Prosecutor General's Office in Kyiv
23:59, 9 December European Parliament approves visa-free regime suspension mechanism