180 soldiers of the National Guard were killed during ATO
Today Ukraine marks the Day of the National Guard
During the anti-terrorist operation in eastern Ukraine 180 soldiers of the National Guard were killed. This was stated by Petro Poroshenko in Novi Petrivtsi during his speech, broadcasted by "112 Ukraine", on the occasion of the Day of the National Guard.
"We remember and honor the memory of each of the 180 National Guard soldiers who gave their lives ащк our sovereignty, for our independence", - said Poroshenko.
He has also presented awards to the National Guard servicemen.
President stressed that the National Guard - is not only the soldiers who defend Ukrainian independence at the external borders. "The National Guard – is a force unit that has special features. It’s because the hybrid war which was unleashed against Ukraine, provided not only offensive aggression on our borders, it involved not only a propaganda war to sow discord and disappointment, depression in Ukraine – it also harmed our country, its leadership, its armed forces and the people.” - stated Petro Poroshenko.
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Negotiations in Normandy format resumed 20 October, 00:47
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars