16 Ukrainians are detained in occupied Crimea, and 12 - on Russian territory: MFA
Earlier 2 Ukrainian prisoners were exchanged for separatists from Odesa
There are 16 Ukrainians being in custody on the territory of the occupied Crimea, and 12 - on Russian territory. This was announced by Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin during a press conference, reports radio Liberty.
"At present we have 12 political prisoners in Russia. After the guysmoved to Rostov, we have 16 political prisoners in the Crimea, and, unfortunately, a lot of them on the territory of Donbas" - Klimkin said.
Let us remind, on June 14 two ilegally detained in Russia Ukrainian prisoners Yuriy Soloshenko and Gennadiy Afanasiev returned home. They were exchanged for the residents of Odesa, representatives of the media - Elena Glischinskaya and Vitaliy Didenko, who are accused of separatism. They have been among the organizers and active participants of the so-called "People's Council of Bessarabia."
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest 27 October, 13:30
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case