15 Guantanamo prisoners were sent to the United States and the United Arab Emirates
12 Yemeni and 3 Afghan prisoners were released which is a record for the Obama Administration
15 Guantanamo-Bay prisoners were sent to the United States and the United Arab Emirates. 12 Yemeni and 3 Afghan prisoners were released which is a record for the Obama Administration.
Guantanamo was created 14 years ago - during the presidency of George W. Bush, at the time of a military campaign in Afghanistan. Prisoners of war and suspected terrorists are being held there.
The prison is under constant criticism of human rights activists - the detained persons are often being held without imposing formal charges. And they sit there for years.
Current US President Barack Obama has promised to close the prison. Currently, sixty prisoners are being kept in Guantanamo.
American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning 23 October, 18:54
Ukraine, USA discuss lethal weaponry supplies 19 October, 07:47
EU foreign ministers to urge Assad and his allies to come to trial 17 October, 08:30
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain