11 Ukrainians remain in war-torn Aleppo, - Foreign Ministry
Kyiv urges the citizens to leave Syria immediately
Eleven Ukrainian citizens currently stay in Aleppo in Syria, where military actions continue between government troops and militants. Ukraine’s Embassy in Syria tweeted this on Wednesday.
“According to the Ukrainian Embassy in Syria, about 11 Ukrainians currently reside in Aleppo. We set direct contacts to save them in case of emergency”, reads the message.
The Embassy’s press service also asked Ukrainians to leave Syria due to further worsening of combat situation in the region and the country in general. On March 1, the Embassy in Syria is to be evacuated to Lebanon.
Previously, Syrian troops took positions to the south of Aleppo. The UN expressed its concern for the rapid offensive of the Syrian government army on Aleppo. By the estimates of UN experts, if the offensive continues, about 150 thousand civilians will be forced to leave their homes.
As is known, some 35 thousand refugees from Syria stay at the Turkish-Syrian border; however Ankara still doesn’t let them in. At the same time, the Turkish government offers food and shelter to the civilians who now stay on the Syrian side of the border.
Previously, the Foreign Ministry said that for the last five years, about 30 Ukrainians were captured in Libya and Syria.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences 26 October, 17:15
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case