10 thousand Crimean Tatars left their homes – Dzhemilev
76 families came back to the peninsula from different deportation places, but none of them was allowed to stay in Crimea
“Discrimination and lawlessness against Crimean Tatars, especially kidnapping and murder of young people, forced conscription of young people to the Russian army with the prospect of sending them to fight with their Ukrainian brothers, the complete absence of democratic freedoms and the lack of any prospects for young people in occupied Crimea makes many leave their homeland and move to mainland Ukraine,” stated Mustafa Dzhemilev, former Chairman of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar People at the second World Congress of Crimean Tatars, according to Krym Realii.
Dzhemilev said that after the so-called "Crimean Spring" took place, 76 families came back to the peninsula from different deportation places, but none of them was allowed to stay in Crimea as "the annual quota" has been exhausted, and all of them were forced to leave the territory. He claimed that previously nearly 2 thousand people annually had been coming back to Crimea.
“We can get a clear and realistic impression that lawlessness against the Crimean Tatars is aimed to chase the people away of Crimea,” assumed Dzhemilev.
Ukrainian Minister of Foreign Affairs Pavlo Kimkin was attending the congress to express the solidarity with the Crimean Tatar community. The diplomat delivered a message from President Poroshenko saying about the plans to provide Crimea the status of national-territorial autonomy within Ukraine. "I would like to apologize for the fact that the former government does did not trust the Crimean Tatars, and did not support them,” told Klimkin.
The second World Congress of Crimean Tatars opened in the Turkish capital, Ankara, on August 1, and lasted for two days. It gathered nearly 200 Crimean Tatar NGOs 700 delegates and 430 delegates from Ukraine, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Lithuania, Poland, Russia, USA, Romania, Turkey, France and other European countries. Refat Chubarov, leader of the Crimean Tatar national movement in Ukraine and worldwide, won as the head of the World Congress of Crimean Tatars.
U.S. doesn’t recognize Russia’s ban of Mejlis of Crimean Tatars 1 October, 11:00
Ukraine demands that Russia stops prosecutions of Crimean Tatars 12 October, 14:28
Smedlyayev: Russian federal security service arrests more Crimean Tatars 12 October, 16:03
- UA & EU20:19"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:33"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars