What is behind the cancellation of Putin's visit to France
Paris is like a Mass, but it is too toxic for Putin - Berezovets
Read the original text at Facebook of Taras Berezovets.
Cancellation of the visit of Vladimir Putin to Paris was evidence of helplessness in which Russian diplomacy occurred was after a series of epic fails. I am talking about Dutch report on flight MH17 and John Kerry accusations against Russia of committing war crimes in Syria, and the recent expansion of US sanctions against Russian companies for the construction of the Kerch bridge.
But the most painful blow, no doubt, was the cancellation of the visit of Russian President to France after Hollande’s statement of unwillingness to accept him. The French rooster pecked Vladimir Putin in his most vulnerable place.
And what is important, the situation has not been without Ukraine. After all, after the recent advice of legal experts from four countries participating in Minsk process, authorized heads of state, Putin realized that his condition will not be accepted. At the meeting the Ukrainian side firmly opposed Russia's reconciliation plan, including the Putin's idea that "elections first, then control over the border."
Paris definitely is like a Mass, but it is too toxic for Putin. It was after this resounding failure Angela Merkel initiated the meeting of leaders of the four countries of the Minsk process on 19 October in Berlin. Putin has lost his game with Paris. Let us see what will mean for him the visit to the country of his KDB-related youth.
The latest statement by Hollande on Donbas should not be dramatized, owing to the peculiarities of the European and French diplomacy. Step forward and two back. Words are words, and the real actions do matter. Cancellation of a visit to Paris is a brute fact, words are just illusion. Moreover, Ukraine has already given the negative answer to the recent initiatives of Hollande.
- POLITICS14:23Ukraine and US debates: pictures of Aleppo victims are more expressive than our efforts
- POLITICS10:39Pro-Russian Mufti-squealer in occupied Crimea
- RUSSIA18:38The origins of Putinism: How Russia came to the cult of Vladimir Putin
- POLITICS17:59What to expect from Normandy Quartet meeting?
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:11Ukraine’s Army: between the past and the future
- SOCIETY23:27Ukraine's image in terms of hybrid war
- UA & EU22:44Сorpse of "Minsk": How to sell it to Western partners?
- SOCIETY11:40What's common between Savchenko's law, economic decline, and Donbas war
- UA & EU22:30Behind curtain of PACE: What conclusions should be made after end of Assembly session
- Economics13:58Norway, amazing country, or why Ukraine is poor
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars