Read the original text at Facebook page of Viktor Baloga.
Bankova Street [which houses the Presidential Administration of Ukraine and various official residences - Ed.], together with MFA, continues to provide its excuses for the long pause in the visa-free regime. Officials are blaming the European Union for the delays in granting Ukrainians visa free travel in the Schengen zone. Brussels responds that everything is going according to plan. While this informational “Ping Pong” clearly indicates that the prospects are more and more vague.
It is clear that the main reason for such a delay is the absence of a mutual desire. Kyiv does not want to fulfill the requirements of Brussels. In turn, Brussels avoids a final decision without concrete steps of Kyiv.
In order to unblock the situation, Ukrainian government should take a few steps that need to be irrefutable argument for the EU.
1. Show the concrete results in the fight against corruption. Main figures of the major political league should appear on the dock, because they represent the despoliation of the country.
2. Reform the legal system, to change the judiciary and the staff of state organs in the legal system.
3. To ensure control of the transit of illegal migrants through Ukrainian territory. Today, this thread is not blocked.
4. Provide a tangible effect of the economic reforms not in terms official statistics, but through growth of GDP per capita.
5. Determine the status of the occupied Donbas. If we do not regain control of the border with Russia, Russia will set its own border on uncontrolled areas.
6. It is important to develop diplomatic impact and intensity information campaigns to influence the government.
For everything we have less than three months. Otherwise, visa-free regime itself will be even further. While our government says that it has fulfilled everything, the ball is just on the side of Kyiv.