Saakashvili: Ukraine faced crisis of failed reforms
International factors are not in Ukraine's favor as it has not fulfill the expectations
Read the original text at 112.ua.
I have the impression that some European politicians want to "dump" Ukraine. The reason for it is not just the fact that "Russia does not fulfill its commitments, therefore, we are tired of Ukraine." We have another way, we have the other interests, we are interested in doing common things together with Russia and Ukraine must not interfere. So let us find some reason why it is necessary to leave Ukraine alone in this situation.
I want to say that, firstly, Ukrainian authorities have no enough space for maneuvers. Ukrainian society does not accept any agreement that does not correspond to what is happening to the country. Secondly, I am concerned that some European politicians presume themselves to speak with us in a tone like “you have not fulfilled this and that, so now you must listen to us in other areas, and do everything we say.”
If Ukraine had implemented real reforms, if Ukraine had become the leader of this reform process, we could have demonstrated our success today. And it would be very difficult to talk to us in such a tone.
But we have a crisis of unfulfilled expectations instead. We have a crisis of failed reforms. And so the international factors are not in our favor.
Now Ukraine has no arguments, and we do not have a “magic” card in out pocket, so it is easy to get us to do some things. Therefore, I put hopes not only upon the President of Ukraine and his pragmatism, but also upon the pressure from the society, it is impossible to make any moves that may harm our interests.
- UA & EU21:40Another Ukrainian scandal in Netherlands: Blackmail which didn't happen
- RUSSIA20:00Hybrid Cold War
- POLITICS14:23Ukraine and US debates: pictures of Aleppo victims are more expressive than our efforts
- POLITICS10:39Pro-Russian Mufti-squealer in occupied Crimea
- RUSSIA18:38The origins of Putinism: How Russia came to the cult of Vladimir Putin
- POLITICS17:59What to expect from Normandy Quartet meeting?
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:11Ukraine’s Army: between the past and the future
- SOCIETY23:27Ukraine's image in terms of hybrid war
- UA & EU22:44Сorpse of "Minsk": How to sell it to Western partners?
- SOCIETY11:40What's common between Savchenko's law, economic decline, and Donbas war
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain