Russian sanctions to affect flights` duration and cost
Meanwhile, Ukraine remains a window, which allows keeping the air traffic
Sanctions from Russia will have a negative impact upon Ukrainian aviation market - Andriy Guck, expert in aviation law commented on the air of 112 Ukraine.
But in any case, when we talk about any sanctions, whether the two parties will suffer the sanctions, the question is who will suffer more.
If we talk about the present moment, in quantitative terms, in terms of money loss, perhaps, Russian companies will suffer more because they performed more flights, therefore, there are much more to lose. As for Ukrainian side, of course, airports, air crafts and air companies, upon which these sanctions are applied, they all to suffer, and quite significantly. And besides, not to forget about the passengers, who are also forced to plan their trips in a very different way.
In fact, it is impossible to avoid problems because Russian Federation is a country which has its own sovereignty, and the country itself decides who to let into its airspace and who not. Of course, we can say that these sanctions were issued with an infringement. However, there will not be any practical effect, because any complaints to International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) are simply ineffective and time consuming, and it will not bring results for restoration of air traffic.
But we should not forget that the Ukrainian side left a certain window, which allowed keeping air traffic. In particular, it is the airline company UtairUkraine, which did not fell under the sanctions. As it is known, the Russian side also made a list, but not with a total ban. Therefore, there is a possibility that some of the airline companies from the both sides will carry out these flights.
Sanctions will affect two things: firstly, the length of the carriage, and secondly, its cost.
Ukraine banned all Russian payment systems in Ukraine 18 October, 14:35
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- FINANCE18:15Financial aggression: Ukraine might close all the Russian banks
- POLITICS22:04False start of Ukraine’s law enforcement reform
- UA & EU21:40Another Ukrainian scandal in Netherlands: Blackmail which didn't happen
- RUSSIA20:00Hybrid Cold War
- POLITICS14:23Ukraine and US debates: pictures of Aleppo victims are more expressive than our efforts
- POLITICS10:39Pro-Russian Mufti-squealer in occupied Crimea
- RUSSIA18:38The origins of Putinism: How Russia came to the cult of Vladimir Putin
- POLITICS17:59What to expect from Normandy Quartet meeting?
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:11Ukraine’s Army: between the past and the future
- SOCIETY23:27Ukraine's image in terms of hybrid war
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case