Putin prefers talks with Merkel and Hollande as they are easy going
He knows that US would constrain him - Herashchenko, Ukrainian MP
Anton Herashchenko, MP, "Narodnyi Front", in his exclusive interview with 112 channel spoke on negotiations between international leaders concerning Minsk agreements, Donbas war, and the role of Europe in solving the conflict.
Herashchenko supposes that Putin’s negotiating with leaders of Germany and France plays to his advantage. “Putin does not want to solve the problem in other formats than the Minsk. He refuses to participate in common negotiations with the Americans knowing that they will make some psychological and physical pressure on him. Therefore, he prefers the format when the leader of Germany Merkel and French leader Hollande take part. He thinks that it’s much easier to negotiate to them,” said Ukrainian MP. He also stated that some 90% of EU (Germany, France, and UK) support Ukraine.
Despite Russia does not follow the Minsk agreements, for Ukraine this is an essential reason not to violate it. Anton Herashchenko says that Ukraine in terms of military services and economy is a weak country. If there were no support from the Western countries, moral and financial one, Ukraine “would be enslaved by Putin long time ago. Therefore, to have the positive relationships with our Western partners, we have to fulfill the Minsk Agreement”. There is safety in numbers and one man is not a warrior, he adds.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Steinmeier: EU might fall 24 October, 10:58
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
- UA & EU21:40Another Ukrainian scandal in Netherlands: Blackmail which didn't happen
- RUSSIA20:00Hybrid Cold War
- POLITICS14:23Ukraine and US debates: pictures of Aleppo victims are more expressive than our efforts
- POLITICS10:39Pro-Russian Mufti-squealer in occupied Crimea
- RUSSIA18:38The origins of Putinism: How Russia came to the cult of Vladimir Putin
- POLITICS17:59What to expect from Normandy Quartet meeting?
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:11Ukraine’s Army: between the past and the future
- SOCIETY23:27Ukraine's image in terms of hybrid war
- UA & EU22:44Сorpse of "Minsk": How to sell it to Western partners?
- SOCIETY11:40What's common between Savchenko's law, economic decline, and Donbas war
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain