Saakashvili’s passing move: creation of a party, claims for a chair and early elections
Saakashvili has set his sights on the post of Prime Minister, moreover, this aspiration is shared by some of the creative class and American lobbyists
The original is on Taras Berezovets page in Facebook:
No matter what is your opinion about Arseniy Yatsenyuk, the attempt to make him the godfather of Ukrainian corruption and even the day before super important visit by Vice President Joe Biden has a sound taste of political passing move. Moreover, the surnames of lots of political characters were not named strangely that were supposed to be in “Misha’s list”. The society is so red-hotted with inaction of law enforcement anti-corruption agencies, which often is ready to be hooked on any resonant accusation, especially against top officials of the country. However, in addition to the names, it would be interesting to see and the facts.
In this sense, Mikheil Saakashvili, stand alone in the country. Credibility rating is quite high and sharp attacks on the part of officials of the local and central levels, posted on Youtube, collected hundreds of thousands of views. Based on the experience of Saakashvili and the Georgian authorities' recent decision to deprive him of his Georgian citizenship, the governor of Odessa practically was pushed into Ukrainian politics. What to do when Odessa is too small and to boast of great achievements in the field you are not able? It is necessary to set a higher bar. The bar has been known for a long time, and the constant denial of the Mikheil only strengthens interest to his ambitions.
Saakashvili has set his sights on the post of prime minister, moreover, that this aspiration is shared by some of the creative class and American lobbyists. But there is a problem. There is neither political power nor personal faction in the parliament. What to do? The answer is clear: the first is to begin to create his own party, the second is to state a claim on the seat, the third is to seek early elections in 2016, which are obviously inevitable to everyone involved. The first and second steps have already been done; it remains to reach for the third. But what about the fight on corruption? I assure you it will take place. From TV screens, all kinds of talk shows and commercials. I’m not sure, though, that it will have practical consequences. But since we are dealing with Saakashvili, lots of noise is guaranteed.
- POLITICS14:23Ukraine and US debates: pictures of Aleppo victims are more expressive than our efforts
- POLITICS10:39Pro-Russian Mufti-squealer in occupied Crimea
- RUSSIA18:38The origins of Putinism: How Russia came to the cult of Vladimir Putin
- POLITICS17:59What to expect from Normandy Quartet meeting?
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:11Ukraine’s Army: between the past and the future
- SOCIETY23:27Ukraine's image in terms of hybrid war
- UA & EU22:44Сorpse of "Minsk": How to sell it to Western partners?
- SOCIETY11:40What's common between Savchenko's law, economic decline, and Donbas war
- UA & EU22:30Behind curtain of PACE: What conclusions should be made after end of Assembly session
- Economics13:58Norway, amazing country, or why Ukraine is poor
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars