Materials for this investigation are expected to become a basis of international juridical procedure against those responsible in tragedy, that occurred in Ukrainian sky on July 17, 2014. Countries-parties of joint investigation, Australia, the Netherlands, Belgium, Malaysia and Ukraine agreed on further coordination and aimed to establish justice in this question.
Ukraine, Australia, Malaysia, Belgium, and the Netherlands discussed the creation of their own tribunal for MH 17 catastrophe during the UN General Assembly meeting in New York. The establishment of the tribunal by five countries presents one of the alternatives to the international tribunal in the United Nations and now is in process of discussion.
"For the establishment of such a trial there are a number of options. I can assure you there is a number of international criminal lawyers who are working on this", stated Australian Foreign Minister Julie Bishop.
Creating a court that does not require the approval of the UN, is possible within the framework of an agreement between countries, citizens of which were lost in the air disaster, Bishop explained.
Last week, Bellingcat, British NGO of investigative journalists, reported with reference to their own sources that MH 17 was brought down in Eastern Ukraine on July 2014 by "Buk" missile launcher, brought from Kursk, Russia.
"On July 17, 2014 a "Buk" missile launcher, originating from the 53rd Brigade near Kursk, Russia, travelled from Donetsk to Snizhne. It was then unloaded and drove under its own power to a field south of Snizhne, where at approximately 4:20 pm it launched a surface-to-air missile that hit Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 as it flew over Ukraine. On the morning of July 18, the "Buk" missile launcher was driven from Luhansk, Ukraine, across the border to Russia", said in the summary of the Bellingcat report.
Also, Bellingcat stressed that "alternative scenarios presented by the Russian Ministry of Defense and Almaz-Antey are at best deeply flawed, and at worst show a deliberate attempt to mislead using fabricated evidence".
This weekend, Ukrainian MP and Advisor to the Interior Minister Anton Herashchenko announced that Ukraine has two witnesses who can confirm the presence of Russian anti-aircraft system "Buk" near Snizhne, Donetsk region, at the moment of shooting down the Boeing 777 of Malaysia Airlines, carrying out flight MH17.
Herashchenko said that in the day of MH17 catastrophe, two residents of Snizhne took photos from different points of the city, the first of "Buk" itself, the second shows trail from a missile launch. "Ukrainian patriots who have made these historic pictures are now in safety", assured Herashchenko. They evacuated from the militants-controlled city and provided their photos to the official investigation. Dutch investigators, in turn, confirmed the authenticity of the pictures.
Air liner Boeing-777 of Malaysian Airlines flying from Amsterdam - Kuala Lumpur, was shot down by militants on July 17, 2014 in Donetsk region. All 298 people on board died. Most of the passengers - 193 people - were citizens of the Netherlands. The Russian authorities have charged that the aircraft was allegedly shot down by Ukrainian military as a provocation, but international experts are inclined to believe that the cause of the accident was the rocket launched from air defense missile system "Buk", provided by Russian militants.
As it was reported, on July 29, UN Security Council was unable to adopt a resolution to establish an international tribunal to investigate the crash of Malaysian "Boeing", carrying out flight from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur. The ballot was lost due to one vote against from Russian representative Vitalii Churkin.
In total, resolution was supported by 11 members of UN Security Council, 3 abstentions, and only Russia has rejected the establishment of an international tribunal. Its voice was decisive, because the Russian Federation is a permanent member of the UN Security Council.