Euro 2016: TOP-5 tournament losers
What should not happen at European Championship
The first round of the group stage of Euro 2016 gave the fans a lot of bright moments. But not only had the authors of the beautiful goals come on the French fields, the frank losers too. Here are the top 5 of major misunderstandings of the first 12 matches of the tournament.
1. Raheem Sterling (England)
England midfielder has often been in the spotlight during the match against Russia. Not because of his striking action, but because he had missed a lot of chances to score. All Sterling’s were either unsuccessful or right into Akinfeev’s hands. Midfielder of his level simply cannot play like this.
2. Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal)
The first-half performance of the Portuguese turned out quite good. They played easily against Iceland. Cristiano was neither particularly distinguished, nor he "made a pig's ear of the game". The real fun began when Icelanders scored their first goal and Portugal had to play in a state of stress. And at a time when a captain must lead the team, Ronaldo "collapsed". And two hits in the wall with a penalty at the end of the match are the best proof of a poor game of one of the best players in the world.
3. England national team
The whole English team is worthy of a separate category. There are no special claims to the English squad, except for the moments of the plan implementation. But the game against the Russians was based on the scenario of a failure. The Englishmen did not score a lot, things began to get nervous, eventually sent the ball into the gates, received a corner kick by the end of the game and foolishly missed it. This was a bum deal.
4. Belgium national team
Belgium squad will continue the command topic. Maybe if the "Red Devils" didn’t play with so brilliant Italy, this level of the game would be enough to win. But comparing with the bright Italians Belgians looked extremely wan, even considering the team’s composition.
We are not talking about the team, but about the country that could get good reviews in the West. Moreover, remember the not so pleasant image of the country. But nobody cares about how the national team played, and they did quite well. Everyone is interested in the "excellent" behavior of Russian citizens in France, who already had a fight with British colleagues. And they brought their idols to the possible disqualification. And once again put at risk holding World Cup 2018 in Russia.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- UA & EU21:40Another Ukrainian scandal in Netherlands: Blackmail which didn't happen
- RUSSIA20:00Hybrid Cold War
- POLITICS14:23Ukraine and US debates: pictures of Aleppo victims are more expressive than our efforts
- POLITICS10:39Pro-Russian Mufti-squealer in occupied Crimea
- RUSSIA18:38The origins of Putinism: How Russia came to the cult of Vladimir Putin
- POLITICS17:59What to expect from Normandy Quartet meeting?
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:11Ukraine’s Army: between the past and the future
- SOCIETY23:27Ukraine's image in terms of hybrid war
- UA & EU22:44Сorpse of "Minsk": How to sell it to Western partners?
- SOCIETY11:40What's common between Savchenko's law, economic decline, and Donbas war
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas