Commemorative picture: You still do not know what the war is?
The story of a man, who had gone to the war, is often without a happy ending
On the picture: Tankist - dead, Kein - dead
Belarusian photographer Alexander Vasiukovich created Commemorative pictures photo album. In which the author has collected the front pictures, shot in the Donbas in 2014. However, these are not just photos...
"While working in the east of Ukraine many soldiers asked me to photograph them as mementos. I photographed and sent these pictures to the children, wives, friends of those on photos. Every day we see different pictures as mementos in the Internet. However, what is the story behind a photo of a man who went to the war? "- Vasyukovich says.
On the picture: Gor, Son, Est, Eney, Hats, Varg, Sych, Samolet, Kein dead during the move from the Grabskoye village to the village Mnogopolye. It was “green corridor” organized for hazardless exit from Illovaisk.
The answer to this question can be seen in the first picture. This is a tragic history of Ukrainian fighters.
"Boha". Killed ... "Varg". Killed ... "Tanker". Killed ... "Kane." Died ... And so on. Many heroes of his pictures are no longer alive. Smiling fighters on the front media pages during war time reports. Many of them you could remember, their photos once flew over the internet. And today they are not alive. The history of man, who had gone to the front, is often without a happy ending. Unfortunately, this is not the story of the American action movie where the heroes always win ...
To recall, as of November 1, 2015 the record of Memory Book contains names of 2660 soldiers dead in the name of Ukraine after the Russian aggression on the territory of Ukraine in Donbas region.
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
- UA & EU21:40Another Ukrainian scandal in Netherlands: Blackmail which didn't happen
- RUSSIA20:00Hybrid Cold War
- POLITICS14:23Ukraine and US debates: pictures of Aleppo victims are more expressive than our efforts
- POLITICS10:39Pro-Russian Mufti-squealer in occupied Crimea
- RUSSIA18:38The origins of Putinism: How Russia came to the cult of Vladimir Putin
- POLITICS17:59What to expect from Normandy Quartet meeting?
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:11Ukraine’s Army: between the past and the future
- SOCIETY23:27Ukraine's image in terms of hybrid war
- UA & EU22:44Сorpse of "Minsk": How to sell it to Western partners?
- SOCIETY11:40What's common between Savchenko's law, economic decline, and Donbas war
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case