"Bubble burst" of Russian military power
Russian nuclear capacity is an order of magnitude less than announced – Ukrainian ex-Foreign Minister
The real military power of Russian Federation is much less, than it uses to declare, states former Ukrainian Foreign Minister, Center for Russian Studies expert Volodymyr Ohryzko.
"Recently, our Center for Russian Studies has organized a conference, in which we managed to find out the actual military potential of Russia. Military experts, not only Ukrainian, but international as well, are convinced that in sooth there is some power. Nevertheless, this strength is not as strong as Russians do assure. Their nuclear capacity is an order of magnitude less than announced. Many nuclear facilities have almost exhausted their resources; they require some proper maintenance, repair, which the Russians cannot provide do more", explained the expert.
"The same situation is with the other weapons. According to specialists, Russia today actually has about 100-120 thousand troops that are capable of fighting," he notes.
Recalling, according to the Stratfor experts, at least $2 billlion from Russian 2015 budget went to sustain the military support in eastern Ukraine.
Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland 23 October, 10:33
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning 23 October, 18:54
- POLITICS14:23Ukraine and US debates: pictures of Aleppo victims are more expressive than our efforts
- POLITICS10:39Pro-Russian Mufti-squealer in occupied Crimea
- RUSSIA18:38The origins of Putinism: How Russia came to the cult of Vladimir Putin
- POLITICS17:59What to expect from Normandy Quartet meeting?
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:11Ukraine’s Army: between the past and the future
- SOCIETY23:27Ukraine's image in terms of hybrid war
- UA & EU22:44Сorpse of "Minsk": How to sell it to Western partners?
- SOCIETY11:40What's common between Savchenko's law, economic decline, and Donbas war
- UA & EU22:30Behind curtain of PACE: What conclusions should be made after end of Assembly session
- Economics13:58Norway, amazing country, or why Ukraine is poor
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars