112 Ukraine has not become like Russian Dozhd, but something even better
TV presenter Violetta Trykova told why she left her successful career of an actress and joined 112 Ukraine channel
What made you leave your career of an actress and join "112 Ukraine" TV channel?
Well, I was sitting on the set, at some abandoned attic, rehearsing a scene where I hide from bandits. My friend Tanya Goncharova called me and asked: "Hi! Do you want to work for the same channel like [Russian] "Dozhd," but in Ukraine?" Not to bother the people around with my phone talks, I was quick to give a positive answer. "I will message you the time and location,” Tanya added. Then I came to the channel and just never left it. "112 Ukraine" did not become Ukrainian "Dozhd," in my opinion, it became something much better!
You are one of the most popular anchors of "112 Ukraine." Don’t you think that the film industry would bring you bigger fame?
Definitely, it would bring me great popularity. When I watch the ratings of TV series, which I rejected in favor of journalism, sometimes this rating is 30 times higher than the popularity of a TV channel. But fame is not the most important thing in the world. But at the same time, there is a healthy need to be happy in what you do. When you are happy in your job, the question of fame goes by the wayside.
You have been working as a TV presenter for other channels together with many successful colleagues. In your opinion, what idiosyncrasies, professional achievements, communication peculiarities clearly allow to say: "This is our guy, he is from TV team "112 Ukraine?"
I would say that only a passionate man might be a member of the “112 Ukraine” team. Passion for work, passion for the new knowledge, a passion for life itself - that is something that you can recognize from the first words, from the first glance. Impassive people do not stay long with us.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
- UA & EU21:40Another Ukrainian scandal in Netherlands: Blackmail which didn't happen
- RUSSIA20:00Hybrid Cold War
- POLITICS14:23Ukraine and US debates: pictures of Aleppo victims are more expressive than our efforts
- POLITICS10:39Pro-Russian Mufti-squealer in occupied Crimea
- RUSSIA18:38The origins of Putinism: How Russia came to the cult of Vladimir Putin
- POLITICS17:59What to expect from Normandy Quartet meeting?
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:11Ukraine’s Army: between the past and the future
- SOCIETY23:27Ukraine's image in terms of hybrid war
- UA & EU22:44Сorpse of "Minsk": How to sell it to Western partners?
- SOCIETY11:40What's common between Savchenko's law, economic decline, and Donbas war
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case