Ukrainian e-commerce project launches in Poland
Topmall attracts investors and launches an online store in Poland
Ukrainian e-commerce project Topmall, founded by TA Ventures, received EUR 500,000 investment. The deal was closed in February, its conditions and investors are confidential. The brand will direct the investment on the launch of an online store merlin.pl in Poland.
Topmall was founded back in 2013 in Ukraine when TA Venture invested USD 5 million in the project. However, last year, due to the crisis in Ukraine, the company transferred its entire operation activity to Poland.
The project is coordinated by Lukash Shchepanski (Chairman of the Management Board) and Marek Friedman (Deputy Chairman of the Management Board).
According to Shchepanski, in 2016 Topmall planned to expand on other Russian-speaker markets instead of developing in Poland. “However, we received a unique opportunity to lease a domain merlin.pl – one of the most recognizable Polish brands”, - he explained.
Merlin.pl launched in 1999. Its major product categories are books, music, films, perfumery and cosmetics.
Back in 2014, Merlin.pl was the sixth largest online store in Poland with over 1,2 million orders. At the end of November 2015 the store closed because of financial difficulties.
Topmall signed a deal with Magus SA (former Merlin.pl SA) to lease the trademark and domain merlin.pl.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas