Ukraine’s strive to become a modern European state has been hindered by corruption. This, in turn, has been affecting the country’s chance of becoming a member of the European Union. In this week’s interview we sat down with Switzerland’s Ambassador to Ukraine Guillaume Scheurer to discuss reforms, fighting corruption and Ukraine’s future.
After battling corruption and tackling reform, what’s next for Ukraine? (part 1)
Swiss envoy discusses major obstacles on Ukraine’s road to success and overcoming them
Voice for all: Two sides of Donbas trade blockade 24 February, 17:20
German MFA calls Donbas conflict sides to fulfill Minsk agreements 23 February, 12:32
Donbas conflict: Militants shell 83 times, one soldier killed, two injured 24 February, 07:58
Militants shell 54 times in ATO area, one soldier injured 23 February, 08:01
- UKRAINE TOP 13:53Volodymyr Lytvyn: "MP Lytvyn: Best law on language was adopted in the last years of Soviet rule"
- UKRAINE TOP 16:20Gustav Vodichka: "Philosopher Vodichka: Ukrainians are anarchists, anti-state people"
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:30Mariana Betsa: "Diplomatic front: Actions of Ukraine's MFA after attacks in Avdiivka"
- UKRAINE TOP 18:02Valeria Lutkovska: "Ombudsman: State stopped fulfilling its basic obligations in Donbas"
- UKRAINE TOP 10:10Leonid Kravchuk: "Kravchuk: Ukraine can produce nuclear weapons, like North Korea"
- UKRAINE TOP 10:00Alexander J. Motyl: "If Putin gives back Donbas, it will be a "Trojan horse" for Ukraine"
- UKRAINE TOP 17:37Yuriy Kostyuchenko: "Would Putin repeat Syrian scenario in Ukraine?"
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:56Andreas Umland: "I can’t imagine lifting of sanctions without significant changes in Donbas, - Umland"
- UKRAINE TOP 23:28Martin Lee: "Cisco: Cybercriminals succeeded in manipulating consciousness and social engineering"
- UKRAINE TOP 23:27Gosta Esping-Andersen: "Former Finance Minister of New Zealand: Ukraine should not look up to Europe"
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
15:44, 24 February People protest in Ternopil against use of peat instead of coal for heating