In Israel Ukrainians work as housekeepers, TOP-managers and builders - Feldman
Many Ukrainian citizens leave their homeland in hope of a better life. The difficult economic situation in the country, military operations in the East force Ukrainians to look for more stable countries. Israel is also attractive to them.
Few facts about Ukrainians in Israel:
1. 400 000 families in Israel - of Ukrainian descent
2. Migrant workers from Ukraine (men) work as welders, painters, tilers. They earn 2-3 thousand dollars per month.
3. Migrant workers from Ukraine (women) work as housekeepers and nannies. They earn about $ 1,100 per month
4. From December 1, 2014 to November 17, 2015 6,495 people repatriated from the Ukraine to Israel.
What attracts Ukrainians in Israel? Where do they work? How they develop Ukrainian culture? This and not only, is in the second part of an interview with one of the organizers of the NGO Israeli Friends of Ukraine Vyacheslav Feldman.
Vyacheslav, I want to ask about the Ukrainian culture. Whether it is developing in Israel?
- Israel, regularly hosts themed events. Our organization is actively involved in this. In early November in Tel Aviv there was a festival Ukrainian Style. He was supported by the Canadian charitable foundation Ukrainian Jewish Encounter. Guests of the festival, and there were about 500 people, were dressed in embroidered shirts. Various workshops were organized for children and adults.
Charity fair acted within the festival. The proceeds will be given for help to Ukraine and Israel.
If we continue the theme of culture, will be held November 26-27 Festival of Documentary Films See Ukraine.
And in what areas work Ukrainians? Could there be traced some tendency?
- I would divide: in majority, Ukrainian citizens care for the elderly, help with housekeeping or work on construction sites. Citizens of Israel - came from Ukraine work in completely different areas. Someone working as a security guard in a supermarket, there are those who hold high positions in reputable companies. The main desire for a person who is committed to the development - there is nothing impossible. For example, Israeli clinics take on training of doctors from Ukraine. It's a good experience.
Doctors return to Ukraine or stay to work in Israel?
- Doctors come for training to improve the skills of the program Health Bridge, which we organized together with the Rotary Club Ashkelon, ICC Ukraine-Israel and with the support of the Embassy of Ukraine in the State of Israel. The practice takes place in the city of Ashkelon, in the medical center Birzilay. The center receives citizens and military personnel affected by the terrorist attacks and the firing of rockets.
In Israel, the Ukrainian doctors get acquainted with the best equipment. Now there are four doctors, two and two trauma surgeon. The practice lasts one month and then they return to Ukraine.
The next one – third group of doctors is planned to be taken in the near future.
Whole world knows about the Israeli medicine. It is accessible to ordinary citizens?
- The country’s medical insurance is compulsory for all. There is a basic insurance, which is given to all citizens of the country and there are additional insurance, which many cannot afford. Every resident can choose the best option for himself.
Again, as I said, the volunteer movement is very well developed in Israel. This also applies to medicine. A good example of when the attacks began in the country and there was a shortage of blood donated items there were mobile donor stations across the country. Passers-by and regular donors take part in in these campaigns take. We did not stay on the sidelines; at the Ukrainian Cultural Center was an action on blood donation, with the participation of our volunteers and staff of the embassy, headed by the Ambassador.
Common problems unite people regardless of their country of residence, material status and position in society.
Vyacheslav, thank you for the conversation! Editorial staff of 112 International wishes to your organization interesting projects.
Interviewed by Lyudmila Koval.
- RUSSIA18:22Sergei Oznobischev: "Tea with plutonium"
- FINANCE11:11Mykola Martynenko: "Why Ukraine is called "toxic dead zone" for investments"
- RUSSIA22:00Igor Eidman: "Putin's plutonium bluff"
- POLITICS23:15Volodymyr Vasylenko: "We need to create anti-Putin coalition following example of anti-Hitler, - diplomat"
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Bohdan Yaremenko: "Ukrainian authorities do not think about the next steps, but about today's benefit"
- POLITICS09:44Andreas Umland: "OUN is presented as a standard of Ukrainian patriotism"
- SPORT13:49Bogdan Kulynych: "The price of the victory: Ukraine's "gold" at the Paralympics"
- POLITICS17:45Newt Gingrich: "Former Speaker of US Congress: President Trump to sell arms to Ukraine"
- SPORT10:07Olena Yurkovska: "Ukrainian society beginns to accept Paralympic participants as athletes"
- SPORT21:05 112.ua: "Olympic revelations: Officials did everything so that Ukraine received no medals"
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels