Verkhovna Rada allocated additional 270 million dollars for defence
Defense and security, regional development projects, coal industry, governmental educational institutions, handicapped children and others to be additionally funded this year
Ukraine’s Verkhovna Rada supported the bill #5217 on amendments to the law on state budget for 2016, allocating another 270 million dollars for country’s defense and security. 265 MPs voted for the decision.
According to the note to the document, it was aimed to increase country’s defense and security expenses, to implement the law on civil service and to solve other urgent issues.
It is noted that the bill is balanced and stipulates the increase of expenditures on defense and security amounting to 270 million.
In particular, additional expenditures are allocated for Defense Ministry, Intelligence, National Police, Border Guard Service, Security Service, etc.
Apart from that, the labour payment expenses for central executive bodies, local administrations and international diplomatic institutions will be extended.
Other programs to be funded are: investing of regional development projects, coal industry, upgrade and infrastructure renewal of governmental educational institutions, handicapped children with irreversible hearing damages, celebration of the 400-th anniversary of the city of Uman in Cherkasy region, Ministry of Ukraine for family, youth and sports
Volodymyr Groysman noted that the amendments introduced allow to fund the wage increase for the employers of the criminal investigation department of the National Police.
“I’d like to underline separately that the voted amendments include the changes allowing ordinary employees of the criminal investigation department to get bigger salaries this year already. These guys fight on the frontline with crimes, catch murderers, sex offenders. They should get decent respect and support from the government, including technical, financial and administrative support,” – commented the Head of the Government.
Groysman’s account for six months in office: Top 5 quotes 19 October, 14:25
Tusk's visit to Ukraine kicks off today 28 September, 20:39
Groysman: ‘State power is institutionally weak’ 17 October, 13:01
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars