Ukrainian government raises electricity tariffs
New prices effective since September 1
The tariffs for consumed electricity will significantly grow on September 1, under the respective decree approved by the government. From now on, Ukrainians will have to pay 25 percent more than before – on the average.
Besides, the government plans another raise of the electricity tariffs in March 2017. " " " "
The plan of the gradual growth of electricity tariffs was developed by the National Committee for State Regulation of Energy and Household Services in February 2015.
According to this document, since September 1, residents of cities who consume up to 100 kWh per month will pay almost 3 U.S. cents per 1 kWh. Previously, the price was a bit more than 2 U.S. cents. Those who consume from 100 to 600 kWh per month, will pay approximately 5 cents instead of 3 per 1 kWh. Those who consume more than 600 kWh per month will now pay about 6 cents per 1 kWh, with insignificant difference with the previous price. " " " "
The tariffs for residents of villages and small towns are the same, with minimal norms of energy consuming a bit higher than that in cities – the minimal volume of consumed energy in villages makes 150 kWh against 100 kWh in cities.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain