Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea
State-run enterprise Naftogaz demand that the Russian government makes up USD 2.6 billion
Ukraine’s national joint stock company Naftogaz and six of its affiliated companies started the arbitration procedure against Russia. The Ukrainian side accuses Russia of illegally capturing Ukrainian gas assets in Crimea during the occupation of the peninsula in spring 2014. Interfax Ukraine agency reported this with reference to Naftogaz’s press service.
Naftogaz assessed the total sum of losses as of USD 2.6 billion. The company demands that Russia makes up the losses that Ukraine suffered after the illegal capture of gas assets. That also breached the Ukraine-Russia intergovernmental agreement, under which the countries were obliged to mutually support and protect each other’s investments.
‘After the illegal invasion in Crimea and the peninsula’s occupation in 2014, the Russian Federation stripped Ukrainian companies of their assets without compensating the losses. At the time, Naftogaz had several valuable assets in Crimea. Russia rudely violated the bilateral agreement on investment protection; it demands that the Russian Federation protects and respects the Ukrainian assets, including these based in Crimea’, the company said.
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars