Ukraine can go up in Doing Business-2017 by 15 positions - Stepan Kubiv
Every point in the Doing Business rating brings the state about $ 500-600 million of investments
Ukraine can go up in the rank of ease of doing business (Doing Business-2017) by the World Bank by 15 positions. This was stated by Stepan Kubiv, the First Vice-Prime Minister - Minister of Economic Development and Trade, according to Interfax-Ukraine.
"I think the improvement will be up to 15 positions," - he said to the journalists on Tuesday. According to him, Ukraine's dynamics in the ranking largely depends on the progress of adopting new bills.
It is also stated that the government asks the Verkhovna Rada to consider the bill #3132 on improving the efficiency of bankruptcy procedures, which should improve Ukraine's position in the ranking by 8 points.
According to the government's Priority Action Plan for 2016 the Cabinet of Ministers purposed to implement the necessary legislative initiatives by the end of the year, which would allow Ukraine to improve its position and enter top 50 in 2017, and top 20 in 2018.
Ukraine went up from 87th in 2015 to 83rd place in 2016 in the ranking of Doing Business. According to the average estimates of experts, every point in the Doing Business rating brings the state about $ 500-600 million of investments.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case