Prosecutor’s office checks Defense Ministry’s department for financial frauds
The department is suspected to have sold tanks at a lowered price, pocketing USD 800,000
A department of Ukraine’s Defense Ministry is checked for possible involvement in financial frauds with selling armored vehicles; the actual story took place in 2013. The military prosecutor’s office of the Central region reported this on Tuesday.
According to the report, in 2013, a defense enterprise evaluated the price range of T-64 tanks that were supposed to be on sale. Later it turned out that the market price of the vehicles was lowered by 22.8 million Ukrainian hryvnas (some USD 800,000).
The prosecutor’s office now finds out whether certain individuals from the Defense Ministry are involved in the scandal, and what the reason to lower the price of tanks was. The actual amount of losses is also being found out. The investigation is underway.
Lutsenko proposes to lift ban on casinos in Ukraine 19 October, 23:14
Poroshenko, Merkel and Hollande start preliminary meeting in Berlin 19 October, 19:21
Normandy four meeting starts in Berlin 19 October, 20:12
Putin arrives on Normandy four meeting in Berlin 19 October, 19:46
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- RUSSIA16:30Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia
- UA & EU15:42Poroshenko, Hungary PM are to enhance political dialogue between states
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels