Poroshenko invites American companies to join National Investment Council
Head of State thanked US for its support of Ukraine
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko met with the Minister of the United States Department of Commerce Penny Pritzker, who is on a working visit to Ukraine as the head of the US delegation at the event to honor the 75th anniversary of the tragedy in Babyi Yar. The press service of the President’s Administration reports this.
The Head of State thanked the US Secretary of Commerce for support for Ukraine in the protection of its sovereignty and territorial integrity, and for financial and technical assistance for the implementation of reforms in Ukraine.
"The last decision to grant loan guarantees from the US government and the decision of the International Monetary Fund to allocate us the next tranche are recognition of our achievements", said Poroshenko and stressed that it is "substantial financial support for our reforms".
The President welcomed the plans of leading US corporations like Cargill, Bunge and General Electric to increase their investments in Ukraine. He also invited American companies to join the National Investment Council.
Speaking about her visit to Ukraine, which is the third in the past two years, US Secretary of Commerce said: "Every time I see your extraordinary efforts and the enormous potential of Ukraine. Having started key economic reforms two years ago, your country has continued execution of the required IMF programs to receive financial assistance not only from the IMF, but also from the USA. The state has created institutions to ensure the rule of law and the fight against corruption. You have improved public procurement system and ensured the transparency for declaration of income of public servants".
At the same time, she noted that there is still a lot of work, and the United States stand ready to further assist Ukraine in the reforms’ implementation.
Speaking on the allocation of $ 1 billion loan guarantee from the US government this year, after two similar in May 2014 and May 2015, US Secretary of Commerce said: "The provision of this credit guarantee demonstrates our confidence in Ukraine and in its devotion to the implementation of vital economic and anti-corruption reforms".
The representatives of the US business community.
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars