Poroshenko hopes for further increase of trade and investment with Switzerland
President notes increase in volume of Swiss investment in Ukraine by 8.3% in first half of 2016
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko hopes for the further increase in trade and investment with Switzerland. The press service of the Head of State reports this on the results of the meeting of the President and Chairman of the National Council of Switzerland Christa Markwalder.
"The President welcomed the growth of Swiss investment in Ukraine by 8.3% in the first half of 2016. The Head of State is hopeful that the following meeting of the Ukrainian-Swiss Committee for Trade and Economic Cooperation planned for the end of September will further increase the pace of trade and investment between the two countries", reads the report.
Petro Poroshenko noted that Ukraine was clearly committed to the implementation of the Minsk agreements. He added that the fulfillment of commitments in security sphere by Russia and Russia-backed militants was the necessary precondition of progress in the resolution of the situation in Donbas.
"The President expressed gratitude to the Swiss party for the committed position on non-recognition of occupation of Crimea by Russia and the steps taken to prevent the use of Swiss territories for Russia to avoid sanctions imposed by the EU The President of the National Council of Switzerland emphasized the exceptional importance of respect for the principles of territorial integrity, sovereignty and inviolability of borders and supported the strong position of Ukraine on the restoration of control over the Ukrainian-Russian state border", the press-service reported.
Recall that Groysman and his Slovakian counterpart Robert Fico agreed to develop cooperation in energy sector. He also agreed with Beata Szydlo to improve the conditions of crossing the Ukrainian-Polish border.
Source: President's Administration
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars